Cosworth Electronics (Pectel) Engine Controllers
Please contact us for prices and availability.
The SQ6 unique strength lies in it being hugely powerful yet easy to map, using a powerful MPC565 processor coupled to a FPGA that handles all angle-based operations. The end result is that the main processor can run more advanced algorithms giving better transient control, which in turn gives the driver greater feel and feedback.
Designed to be robust, the SQ6 has reverse-battery, over-voltage and load dump protection built in as standard. Sensor supply and signal ground pins are also protected against shorts to battery positive and negative.
The SQ6 is capable of fully sequential fuelling on normally aspirated, turbo and supercharged engines, from one to twelve cylinders. It has fly-by-wire capability, catering for both stepper and DC motors. Put all of this functionality in one small lightweight box and you have an ECU capable of working with almost any combination of coil, injector, OEM sensor and actuator.
Cosworth’s all-new crank and camshaft pattern recognition system allows the SQ6 to be used with virtually any OEM timing wheel. This sophisticated pattern recognition algorithm also facilitates synchronisation during slow and uneven cranking conditions.
The Pectel SQ6M is our highly successful motorsport ECU used in many OEM and privately run championship winning applications. It has Deutsch Autosport connectors and advanced internal logging of 4MB and 2000 samples/sec plus a logbook. Standard functionality is available for traction and launch control, pitlane speed limit, closed loop lambda, VVT (e.g. VTEC or VANOS), expanded logging memory, fly-by-wire and dual lambda sensors at no extra cost!
Additional option is the very advanced onboard capability to control paddle shift systems which has outrun the competition in professional series such as Champcar and VdeV. Comes as standard with 12 injectors and 8 coil outputs. (The SQ6M12 is available for 10 and 12 cyl applications).
Features include 12 configurable injector drivers combined with eight IGBT ignition outputs AND eight logic level coil driving outputs make this ECU capable of fully sequential fuelling on normally aspirated, turbo and supercharged engines upto twelve cylinders. Fly-by-wire capability is included, with Stepper and DC motors catered for. Put all of this functionality in one small light box and you have an ECU capable of working with almost any combination of coil, injector, OEM sensor and actuator.
The Pectel EQ9 is the latest generation loom compatible ECU, now based on SQ6 technology for the Mitsubishi Evo9, designed for GrpN rally competition and suitable for many other EvoIX applications.
The EQ9 has many advanced features to ensure accurate and reliable control whilst extracting the maximum possible performance from the engine package.
EQ9 has a lot of advantages for Evo9 owners looking to upgrade from their current solution such as a plug in M800 board or a Pectel E2:
- Possibility of 4 ALS strategies (Off, Mild, Medium and Strong)
- Advanced Launch control
- Individual cylinder knock control
- Higher speed processor for even higher accuracy of control than E2.
- Possibility of up to 4 ignition, fuel, boost (wastegate), strategies.
- All OEM inputs and outputs function for all models, Evo9 Japan, Europe and US including US fuel tank sensors and valves and also Evo8 JDM MR model.
For non-GrpN use with added wires into the unassigned OEM pins there is the possibility of:
- Addition of 2 more ignition coils with internal amps for control of 4 sequential ignition.
- Possibility to run 4 unamplified pencil coils direct from ECU.
- Possibility to run 4 extra injectors for High HP engines.
- Pectel Dual boost control (Boost pressure and PRP restrictor pressure control)
- Dual (push-pull) Phase, anti-phase boost control valves for precise boost control in high pressure rise rate and/or restrictor applications.
- Extra analogue and digital inputs for pressure/Temperature/Positional/speed/switched sensors with user calibrations.
- Extra fully configurable PWM and switched outputs.
- 1 extra H-bridge output making it possible for the addition of FBW throttle control (also Stepper motor outputs can be configured as H-Bridge giving total of 3 H-bridge controllers)
- Wide band Lambda sensor can be added for closed loop Lambda control.
- Extra configurable 5v/12v sensor supplies.
- Possibility of upgrade to Pectel’s highly advanced Traction control with strategies against wheel speeds and crankshaft acceleration.
- CAN and RS232 comms for addition of dashes and data loggers.
- High speed Ethernet comms for Logged data offload and ECU comms.
The addition of fully configurable internal data logging (2000 samples/sec, 2MB) compatible with Pi Toolbox analysis software and a logbook function, helps keep track of engine health as well as allowing detailed performance analysis of engine parameters.
The EQ9 is suitable in any application where a high quality, plug in replacement, fully programmable EMS is needed. A separate controller (Pectel EDC), which is linked to the ECU for RPM, throttle and brake dependant control, is available to run the active differential on the car.